You write the letter. We deliver it to TCKs.
We all need encouragement from like-minded people every so often. With TCK Letters, we aim to do just that—send uplifting mail to our fellow TCKs’ inboxes once a month. But we need writers like you to share where you came from and where God has brought you.
Or, keep scrolling …
- Letters must address experiences and issues that TCKs go through.
- Letters must be in line with the Bible and adhere to our Statement of Faith, as we are a Christian ministry.
- There is no need to provide images.
- We prefer to use letters that have not been published previously. However, if you have published one on your personal blog and you believe it would fit within our guidelines, you may send us a query and we will consider it. Please remember that this is a letter, not an article.
- We prefer letters to include your personal experiences and what God has taught you through them.
- We do not accept pitches. Please send us your full letter.
- All work must be your own. When quoting others, make sure you have permission and include the reference.
STRUCTURE & STYLE
- Your word count should be between 500–1500 words long (but if it’s slightly shorter/longer we may consider it).
- The structure does not need to be strictly formal. Treat it as if you are writing an email to a friend.
- Letters with headings and points are welcomed. Please ensure that your paragraphs are not too long (preferably 3–5 sentences each).
- You can use either British or American English as long as you are consistent throughout the letter.
- Please capitalize pronouns when referring to God.
- When quoting Scripture, please include the reference and the translation. Translations we allow are KJV, NKJV, ESV, and NIV.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submit your letter by email to email@example.com. Paste your letter (the title and draft) into the body of your email (no attachments).
- If this is your first time contributing to us, please include a 60–80 word bio written in third person. If you would like to, you can send a good picture of yourself to go along with the bio, but this is not mandatory. It is possible to be published anonymously if it is a question of safety and privacy for either you or the people around you.
- If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, feel free to contact us.
- If your letter is accepted, we will edit it for minor mistakes. If your letter requires a lot of editing, we will reject it.
- Once your letter is accepted*, it will be emailed to subscribers on our exclusive content list as part of our TCK Letters series. A summary of your letter will appear in our newsletter and on our social media platforms.
- Everyone at TCKs for Christ volunteers; contributing writers will not be compensated.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your letter!
*We reserve the right to reject a submission if it does not align with what the Bible says, needs major editing, or is in any other way not suitable for the ministry.