Your pen, our platform.
Love writing? Have cross-cultural experiences to share? Think deeply about TCK life and your faith? We would love to read about it!
Or, bookmark this page …
- Articles must address topics and issues TCKs have to deal with (e.g. identity, moving around, making/losing friends, saying goodbye, etc. Browse our categories and read previously published articles to get a feel for what we are looking for.)
- Articles must be in line with the Bible and adhere to our Statement of Faith, as we are a Christian ministry.
- Please do a search on the website beforehand to ensure your article is not too similar to one previously published. If you are not sure, submit it and we will let you know.
- There is no need to provide images. Our team will do this for you.
- We prefer to use articles that have not been published previously. However, if you have published an article on your personal blog that you believe would fit our website, you may send us a query, and we will consider it.
- We do not accept pitches. Please send us your full article.
- All work must be your own. When quoting others, make sure you have permission and include the reference.
STRUCTURE & STYLE
- Your word count should be between 500–1500 words (but if it’s slightly shorter/longer we may consider it).
- We prefer articles that are split up with headings and/or bullet points since they are easier to read.
- Keep your paragraphs on the shorter side (preferably 3–5 sentences each).
- You can use either British or American English as long as you are consistent throughout the article.
- Please capitalize pronouns when referring to God.
- When quoting Scripture, please include the reference and the translation. Translations we allow are KJV, NKJV, ESV, and NIV.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submit your article by email to email@example.com. Paste your article (the title and draft) into the body of your email (no attachments).
- If this is your first time publishing an article on our website, please include a 60–80 word bio written in third person. If you would like to, you can send a good picture of yourself to go along with the bio, but this is not mandatory. It is possible to be published anonymously if it is a question of safety and privacy for either you or the people around you.
- If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, feel free to contact us.
- If your article is accepted, we will edit it for minor mistakes. If your article requires a lot of editing, we will reject it.
- Once your article is accepted*, it will be published on our website, and we will post about it on our social media profiles.
Everyone at TCKs for Christ volunteers; contributing writers will not be compensated.
Still have questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your contribution!
*We reserve the right to reject a submission if it does not align with what the Bible says, needs major editing, or is in any other way not suitable for the ministry.